What happens if the iPad issued by the school gets damaged? In previous years the district offered an Optional Protection Plan for $20/device. However, due to the economic effect the pandemic has had on families, as well as the conversion from FeePay to MyPaymentsPlus as our online payment system, the decision was made to automatically enroll ALL iPads in this coverage at no cost to families for the 2020-21 school year. This means that the first incident (non-intentional damage) on each iPad will be covered by the district. Beyond that, the following will apply:
- There is a $40 deductible for the 2nd incident
- If there is a 3rd incident the family will work with the district to form a plan
- Intentional loss of the iPad is not covered (including the 1st incident)
- Lost iPads are not covered and must be fully replaced (estimated $344) unless a police report is provided indicating that the iPad was stolen. In this case it will be replaced at no cost to the family.
- Power cords/bricks are not covered and replacements for those will be the responsibility of the family (unless covered by warranty)